Research Fellow / Research Associate (Computational Biology)
This position provides an opportunity to perform scientific research on computational systems biology. You will work with a dynamic and young group of scientists focused on modelling, validating and analysing gene regulatory networks. Your primary task will be to develop algorithms and methods to derive large scale gene regulatory networks with time-delayed using microarray time-series data sets. You will also collaborate with other group members on epigenetic studies, data integration and participate in software development.
- PhD degree in computer science and/or engineering. A Master’s degree with strong background and relevant experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated skills in algorithms in machine learning, particularly with graphical models, sparse regression methods, statistical analysis, and network inference techniques
- Prior experience in inference of gene regulatory network and microarray data analysis is highly desirable
- Strong Programming skills in MATLAB, R, Java or C++
- Knowledge of high-performance computing or CUDA, will be a plus
- Good skills in interpersonal communication including oral and written English proficiency
Please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates.
Interested applicants please send your resume to Assistant Professor Jie Zheng. The salary will be highly competitive, and start date as early as possible. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Project Officer (Software Engineer) in Bioinformatics
You will work with a group of computational scientists on an exciting project of systems biology: “Modelling, validating and analysing gene regulatory networks”. Your primary task is to develop software integrating existing prototype codes (mainly in MATLAB) and to develop a web-server interface for biologists. You will also be involved in the development of high performance computing suite for large scale analysis of gene regulatory networks.
This position provides an opportunity to perform scientific research on cutting-edge bioinformatics with a focus on computational systems biology. It is ideally suited for a person seeking a graduate degree and career in bioinformatics.
Successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with his/her qualification and experience. The appointment will start as soon as possible and will be initially for one year, with possibility of extension.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or computer science. Project experience in bioinformatics programming would be preferred
- Strong programming skills in MATLAB (knowledge of R will be a plus)
- Demonstrated skills in programming in Java, C/C++, Python and Perl
- Skills for Web-server development (Apache Tomcat)
- Experience in a Linux/Unix environment
- Knowledge of high-performance computing (GPU, CUDA) is desirable
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
Please attach your full CV, with information of two referees (name, position and email addresses), and all relevant academic certificates and transcripts.
Applications must be received by January 10, 2013. Position is open until filled. Interested applicants please email to Assistant Professor Zheng Jie. Screening of applicants for this call will be completed as soon as possible, or until the position is filled.
Research Associate / Research Fellow (1 year position)
Multi-plAtform Game Innovation Centre (MAGIC) at Nanyang Technological University invites interested candidates to apply for a research associate/research fellow position for research projects on digital games, supervised by professors from The Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, and School of Computer Engineering. The position is for one year and renewable.
- Entertainment and education on mobile phones
- Impact of digital games on adolescents’ social and psychological development
- Communication behaviors within and around online games
- Conducting literature searches and writing literature reviews
- Data collection and data entry
- Contribution to analysis of data and writing of research papers
- Project management
- A Masters or PhD degree in communication, education, psychology, sociology, educational technology or related field from a reputable university. Current students are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in writing and publishing academic papers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of statistics and SPSS package OR qualitative coding
Monthly stipend will be determined based on educational qualifications and research experience.
Interested applicants should submit an application package including a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, University Transcripts, a Writing sample and an Application form to Dr. Vivian Chen at ChenHH@ntu.edu.sg.
You are also welcome to mail your application package to Wee Kim Wee School of Communication & Information, Nanyang Technological University, 31 Nanyang Link, Singapore 637718.
Applications must be received by January 10, 2013. Position is open until filled.