- In November 1988, the School of Applied Science was established with Professor Harcharan Singh as the founding Dean.
- In 1989, the School offered its first undergraduate programme in Computer Engineering.
- In 1991, the School offered the Bachelor of Applied Science (Materials Engineering) degree programme.
- In 1993, the School launched the Master of Science (Information Studies) degree programme.
- In 2000, the School of Applied Science was restructured, and the School of Computer Engineering was formed.