- Students are required to sign in/sign out in the lab Access Form.
- User’s work area should be kept clean and tidy.
- Do not eat, drink and indulge in loud incessant conversations in the laboratory.
- Do not bring in friends who are not involved in the project.
- Do not play or listen to audio devices while doing experiments.
- Do not use items which have been booked-out by other users.
- Report all accidents to the instructor or lab staff immediately.
- Return all items after completion of experiment.
- Users are required to be familiar with the location and proper use of lab/centre facilities
- If feeling unwell, notify the lab staff before proceeding with the lab experiments.
- Wear safety goggles when doing any drilling work.
- Handle all electrical and heating equipment with care to prevent electric shock and burns.
- Be familiar with the location of safety equipment, such as first aid box, fire extinguisher, breakglass/call points and emergency exits.
- After completing the experiment, ensure that all equipment are switched off and properly stored and that your area is cleaned/tidied up.
- Proper clothing must be worn in the laboratories and centres. Shorts and singlets are discouraged.
- For your own safety, cover shoes should be worn at all times. Slippers/sandals exposing the toes are discouraged.
- Personal belongings must not be placed on the laboratory benches or on top of any equipment. Generally, students’ personal belongings should not obstruct the walkway.
- Students are discouraged from bringing potentially dangerous items/materials which is/are not part of the requirement for the experiments.
Much of the work of the Safety Committee is concerned with assisting the School in developing and improving systems and procedures for a safe and healthy workplace.
It is important to note that safety is everyone's responsibility. The Safety Committee would like to urge everyone in the school to:
- Follow safety rules and regulations
- Be safety conscious and report any potential hazards
- Be responsible for their own safety and safety of others around them
- Adhere to the proper safety procedures. IF IN DOUBT, ASK!