1. Important Information
** Students who did not complete their registration or did not register at all during their scheduled course registration period (due to various reasons such as being overseas, busy, forgotten about it, etc), please register your courses during the add/drop period when the term starts. Exception will be made only for students who are unable to register due to Reservist (please email to school for assistance).
AY2013-14 Sem 1
All students are required to register the courses by themselves using STARS.
Students matriculated in Year 2011 & 2012
Please choose the same group for all courses during their personalised date and time for registration. Choosing the same group for all courses will ensure that there are no timetable clashes within courses.
Guide in choosing course groups:
Students matriculated in Year 2012:
SE1, SE2 - For "A" levels and Others students on 4-yr CE programme
SEP1, SEP2 - For poly-exempted students on 3-yr CE programme
SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4 - For "A" levels and Others students on 4-yr CS programme
SSP1, SSP2, SSP3, SSP4, SSP5 - For poly-exempted students on 3-yr CS programme
SEA1 - For students on CE Accelerated Bachelors' Programme
SSA1 - For students on CS Accelerated Bachelors' Programme
BCE2, BCG2 - For double degree students in Business and CE/CS
Students matriculated in Year 2011:
TE1, TE2, TE3 - For "A" levels and Others students on 4-yr CE programme
TEP1, TEP2, TEP3 - For poly-exempted students on 3-yr CE programme
TS1, TS2, TS3, TS4 - For "A" levels and Others students on 4-yr CS programme
TSP1, TSP2, TSP3, TSP4 - For poly-exempted students on 3-yr CS programme
BCE3, BCG3 - For double degree students in Business and CE/CS
2. Guide to Course Registration
Registration of courses (Core, GER PEs and UEs) is done through the Students Automated Registration Systems (STARS) via Studentlink.
Before you register, check the following:
Students are to register their core courses and major prescribed electives; and place GERPE/UE on waitlist during the timeslots indicated, unless otherwise stated.
For GERPE/UE, students may place 5 choices each for GERPE and UE on waitlist. They may acccess STARS from 5.00pm - 10.00pm daily from the day of their registration till Fri, 12 July 2013, if they wish to add or drop their choices of GERPE/UE that they have placed on waitlist.
All students can overload (automatic overloading only) for courses on their scheduled day of registration between 5pm to 10pm.
3. STARS and STARS Planner
The Student Automated Registration System (STARS) is a system designed for you to register your courses.The STARS Planner is a platform for you to map out your timetable. The courses that you plan and save in the STARS Planner are not registered until you submit them to STARS successfully.
4. Handbook for Academic Unit System
5. Registration Policies, Rules & Regulations
- Students are to check their courses registered in STARS (and not edveNTUre) at the end of the Add/Drop period to ensure that their records are correct.
- Students are not to hold on to their places in any classes if they have no wish to read the course. They are to withdraw from the places early so that these places may be released to the other students.
- Students are to leave the STARS environment once they have completed their registration. This is to ease the load on the network.
- Before the commencement of each semester, all students must register for courses that they will be reading in the semester unless they have been granted leave of absence by the University.
- Registration of courses is done through the STARS according to the schedule announced by the University. Students who join any classes without registration through STARS will not be allowed to take the examinations for the courses involved.
- The University will not accept any registration of course through the course coordinators/tutors. Similarly, de-registration of courses through the course coordinators/tutors are not accepted. All requests must be submitted to the Schools’ Registration Coordinators for review. Students on Academic Warning and Academic Probation are NOT allowed to overload.
Outstanding Tuition Fees
- Students who do not meet the deadlines given by the Office of Finance for payment of tuition fees and whose tuition fees remain in arrears despite repeated reminders by the Office will not be allowed to register their courses.
- Students who face any financial difficulties to clear the outstanding tuition fees are advised to approach the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid (OAFA) to apply for any possible financial assistance schemes.
- Students are also not allowed to change the index number of their courses after the Add/Drop period.
- A student who is still registered for a course after the Add/Drop period and did not subsequently sit for the examination will be deemed to have sat and failed the course. 'F' grade will appear on his official transcript.
- Students who are on attachment will not be allowed to register for any course even if the classes are conducted in the evening.
6. Overloading Matters
(a) Overloading of GER-Unrestricted Electives (student has already fulfilled the GER-UE AUs required)
(b) Overloading beyond maximum AUs allowed for semester
Students can overload beyond the normal academic workload without the approval of the School up to a maximum of 3 AUs.
Students on Academic Warning or Academic Probation can only register up to the normal load as stated in this table.
| ACAD YR
||MAX NO. COURSES
|| 2 & 3
|| 2 & 3
If you wish to overload beyond the maximum AUs allowed, please fill up the Special Arrangement for Course Registration Form (Pink Form). You can get this form from the SCE general Office at N4-2A-32. Please include your name, matric number, NTU email address and contact number and attach a copy of your degree audit to the form.
** Please do not fill up this form to appeal for taking courses with clashes in class timetable or clashes in examination timetable. Such requests will NOT be entertained.
1. Students are to seek Mentor’s advice.
2. Mentor can either recommend or not.
3. If recommended, Mentor then forwards the PINK form to the Associate Chair (Academic) for final approval.
4. After getting the final endorsement, the PINK form will go to SCE Registration Team for processing. Students will be informed of the outcome via email. Please check your emails regularly.
7. Course Add/Drop Period
AY2013-14 Sem 1
Add/Drop Period: 12 Aug 2013 (Monday) to 25 Aug 2013 (Sunday)
Online Appeal (for GERPE and UE only)
Mon, 12 Aug 2013 - Wed, 14 Aug 2013 (10 am to 10pm)
Outcome of Appeals
By Fri, 23 Aug 2013
- Course Registration
Norhana Binte Ahmad (Ms), Course Registration Advisor
- Academic Advice
Your academic mentor
If you do not know who your mentor is, please check Studentlink.
Alternatively, you may wish to seek the advice of these coordinators.
- Policies and Rules on Registration
Office of Academic Services
Tel: (65) 6790 6991
- Network Matters, STARS, PIN, etc
Centre for IT Services
Tel: (65) 6790 5228
- Problems regarding edveNTUre
Ms Leong Yin Yoke Junie
Tel: (65) 6592 3066/3067